Monday, August 18, 2008

Bike Ride





We have been waiting for a couple of weeks now for the weather to be good enough to do a car boot sale. Having looked at the forecast for yesterday on Saturday, we decided again not to do the car boot sale as we were expecting showers and really did not want to have to pack up early having hardly sold a thing and having paid money for the pitch. However, the weather yesterday actually turned out to be fine. Not sunny and warm, but not raining either, so we decided to take our bikes out to Bolderwood in the New Forest. It was fantastic. I never thought I was fit enough to go on a cycle ride and so took myself by surprise when I was still cycling after 2 hours (we got a bit lost!). Big J had his tag-along bike attached to Larry's bike because although he can ride a bike by himself, he would almost certainly have got tired after a long cycle ride and so it makes sure he keeps up with us. As for Little Z, she was amazing. Considering a few weeks ago, she was scared of going too fast and kept stopping every few yards, I was astonished to see her cycling past us all at a good speed and cycling for a good distance before stopping. She has really increased in confidence and thoroughly enjoyed the bike ride.


By the time we got back to the van we were all exhausted. Having got a bit lost, we had cycled quite a bit further than we had planned to and although we had enjoyed ourselves, we were glad to see the car park.


I am really looking forward to going out for another family bike ride. Next time though I will take some padding for my seat as I am not sitting very comfortably today to say the least!

No comments: