Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Driving Lesson


Thank you so much to the (rather aged) man in the (average) silver car, who pulled up alongside my car today to point out to me that my driving was substandard. You may have been somewhat confused at my blank expression and complete lack of response and could have been led into thinking I did not care. However, I do appreciate that you are obviously a caring person who wished to help a fellow motorist, even to the point that you thought you would drive quite closely behind me just in case I should require your help or advice. As someone who is committed to the education of others, I thought I would offer you my own words of advice. First of all, I would like you to think about your use of questionning. Do you think an open question like "Why didn't you use your indicators?" was more likely to get a response than a closed question under those circumstances? Secondly, while I admire your lack of expletives used as you shouted at me, I'd like to point out that the need to shout would be greatly reduced if you were to wind your window down. Oh, nice horn, by the way!

PS:
As this incident took place outside my new school, If by some freak unfortunate coincidence you happen to walk into my classroom with your child on the first day of next term, I would be very grateful if you would pretend never to have seen me before!

No comments: