Thursday, August 16, 2007

Berry Nice!


I have not been Blackberry Picking (or Brambling as we used to call it when I was little) since I was about 13 years old. "That can't be very long ago", I hear you say, but you would be surprised. It is quite a few years ago now. Anyway, enough about me feeling self conscious about my age, after cycling at the sports centre, Little Z and I walked home with our bikes (she is not ready for the roads yet, despite her insisting she is!) and spotted some brambles near our home.

We took a tub each and went out to pick some. I was amazed at how many more I seemed to pick than Little Z. In fact, I could swear that at times, the number of blackberries in her tub were decreasing rather than increasing!

Once we had picked all the ripe ones we could reach, filling my tub and strangely leaving Little Z with about 15 in hers, we had a healthy and free dessert for after dinner. Healthy is one thing, but free is even better. I shall be going back again this week and hope no one else gets there first!

No comments: