Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Harry Potter

Larry and I practically gave up spending time alone together when we had Little Z and then made things worse by having Big J. We have no social life and couldn't afford one even if we wanted one.

As the summer holidays are here (and almost gone again!)and I have lots of teacher friends now with nothing to do (hee hee!), I decided to talk one of them into looking after Little Z for a few hours (would I find one crazy enough?) so Larry & I could go to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It didn't take long. My friend Sarah, probably the busiest of all my teacher friends, who is trying to sell her house, buy another house and do several other things besides, agreed to look after Little Z (did she know what she was agreeing to?). So, while Big J was still at nursery and Little Z was playing with Sarah's rabbit, Toby, and making cakes etc. Larry & I went to the Odeon at Leisureworld.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has been out for quite some time now, so we were in one of the smaller auditoria, but we did not expect it to be full so thought we were likely to be able to sit where we wanted and have room to move our arms. It seems many others had the same idea. It was full. We did have a choice of seats, but it was limited. The seats were quite comfortable, though and if it was not for the teenage couple sitting next to us who evidently thought they were in a café and it was okay to talk (not even about the film for goodness sake!!!) in normal voices throughout the film, we would have really enjoyed it.

The film was good. As a fan of Harry Potter, I would not say it was brilliant, but I liked it. I think it was fairly true to the book, although I don't think the scene with Sirius in the Department of Mysteries was as big and exciting as it could have been. Somehow it didn't quite meet my expectations. Parts of the story which I thought were important had been omitted or changed, which disappointed me. I think if you have not read the books you will enjoy the film more than if you have read them. Either way, I would still recommend going to see it if you haven't already.

Expecto Patronum.....


What would your Patronus be? Find out here.

Be prepared though. Apparently mine would be an Amoeba! How glamorous!

2 comments:

Seany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seany said...

I thought mine would be a platypus (my #2 answer) but it turned out to be a phoenix.

Did I mention I'm going to Phoenix in a couple of weeks...