Thursday, January 31, 2008

commitment or neglect?

As usual I found myself sitting at the computer until after 10pm last night planning lessons for today while Larry sat in front of the TV giving me a commentary on what he was watching.

"This woman gave up her husband and children to run away with someone she met on the internet through this virtual friendship game."

I was vaguely interested. At any rate, it was more interesting than thinking about how I was going to teach speech marks to my class.

"Basically she spent too long in front of her computer and spent no time at all with her children. She completely neglected her family."

Okay. Is he trying to tell me something?

Note to self - you are spending too much time planning at the computer. Have you seen the kids this week?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

well, it's not like you're going to run off with some english planning!!

how're things? i've redone my blog a little today... same picture, but a bit simpler to navigate i hope :)

when do you have half term? I have 2 weeks to go!! xx

Sarah said...

how're you??

i've been updating my blog regularly... wooo!

i'm stressed out. wanna go back to PGCEing. I miss everyone!

xx