Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year

After a great Christmas with the family (including Seany & 'me mam') and a quiet but enjoyable New Year's Eve / Day with just the four of us the day finally came when I had to put my money where my mouth is and take over my new class.

How exciting!

How scary!

First two days back went really well. We had integrated days based around Mythical Creatures. They pushed their luck a bit with their behaviour, but after a discussion about rules and behaviour, we had a very good second day on Friday and the standard of work was much better. It is a mystery to me how the other teachers get all their stuff done and still go home at 5 - 5.30. I left at 5.45 again today and still had a list as long as my arm of things I had to do.

Oh well, as long as I keep crossing things off as well as adding new things to the list it will be okay. I once heard someone say that an in tray is suposed to have something in it and you only have an empty in tray when you die. Not sure how long it will be, but I am still aliove so far so the in tray is still doing it's job!

Got lots of planning to do and must eat sometime today too, but I'd just like to say thank you for all the lovely messages of support.

Hope everyone has a great 2008!

1 comment:

Seany said...

Happy New Year Little Sis!

Glad the job is working out well, although I can't believe I've not spoken to you all year...