Thursday, June 05, 2008

Of to Dominoes in Sted


Today was one of those strange days. I got up at 5am to write some reports. I was so tired last night I thought I would be more able to do it in the morning after a good night's sleep. And I was right. I got about 3 sections of the report done before I had to go and wake Little Z and get myself ready for school.

My class went on a trip to Dominoes Pizza today. They had a long walk (25 mins) from school to Dominoes and then had to walk back too. It was fantastic. It didn't cost us anything and the children had such fun. They got to see how to make the dough and got to shape it into a flat pizza shape then put their choice of toppings on. The pizzas were cooked as we were walking back and when we got back to school the pizza's were delivered to the classroom. On top of all that, the staff also go free pizzas. And that's not all. Because the whole of year 2 go, that is 3 classes on 3 separate days, the staff get free pizza for lunch for 3 days running.

What a way to spend healthy school's week!

My parents helpers were great, although I had to laugh when I asked one of the mum's earlier in the week if she could help with dominoes and she replied that she couldn't play!

While handing out the pizza boxes to the children, the headteacher arrived and announced there was a staff meeting in the staffroom and I had to go now! My TA and I took the large pizza's to the staff room and announced as we entered a packed room that we came bearing gifts. No one smiled. ??? They were all sitting there looking like they'd just found out someone had died. "I expect you know why you are here." said the head. She then told us that we were going to be working loads more hours than we normally do and that we were going to be working on our displays in and out of the classroom, that we were going to feel stressed out and quite miserable for the next few days and that we were going to think of nothing but school until later next week. Well....ok. That wasn't exactly how she put it, her exact words were, "We have had the call." (I still didn't get it. Duh!) "OFSTED will be here on Tuesday."

So, we are now all rushing round trying to get everything ready. Well, all except me evidently. I am far to busy with my Blog to worry about the inspectors.

No comments: