Sunday, June 22, 2008

What you wish you could write...

Yay. I have finally finished writing reports. I actually enjoy it, as it makes you focus on the positives which we really need at this time of the year. However, staying positive isn't always easy. For example, sometimes I wish I could write:

Personal, Social, Emotional development:
Jonny is a lazy little sh*t

Instead, I write, "Jonny is a thoughtful boy who always takes time to think through his actions."

English:
Jonny produces utter rubbish and talks through most literacy lessons. Jonny has no imagination and his vague attempts at writing are unintelligible. The scrawl he calls handwriting makes reading his work impossible.

Instead, I write," Jonny produces interesting written work. He enjoys sharing ideas with his friends. He has good ideas and is being encouraged to express them in his written work. He understands the importance of keeping his work neat, but this is still a target for him."

Still, I have learnt a few things while writing them:

1. Cut and paste are under-rated!
2. He is she if you're not careful.
3. They probably won't even read the last page so just cut and paste the lot!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ah, the he/she issues! i caught one by me when i was proofreading... and one by the music teacher which made me feel better that it wasn't just me!!

copy and paste is your friend :)

our reports go out on friday.... cue a queue of parents outside my door on Monday...

xx