Sunday, March 06, 2011

As Good as a Rest...





It's been a busy weekend, with one thing and another...

After a busy Friday, during which I had an early appointment in Salisbury, followed by a visit to Upper Shirley High to watch Little Z play in the Woodwind Festival (she was fab! All that practice is really paying off.) and then work in the afternoon, I would have welcomed a lie-in on Saturday. I had, however, in some moment of madness earlier in the week, booked a doctor's appointment for 9.10 Saturday morning. I was glad I did though as it reassured me that the pain I have had in my foot for about 3 weeks is nothing serious and will sort itself out. Apparently I have Plantar Fasciitis. I have to rest it as much as I can and wear supportive footwear: so trainers to school and sit about all day! I think I can manage that!



Having recently researched the Spitfire with some year 6 pupils, I was very keen to go down to Mayflower Park in Southampton to see it fly past as a celebration of 75 years since its maiden flight from Eastleigh Aerodrome. We were lucky enough to park at Mayflower Park and had a cold but lovely couple of hours down there, mostly waiting and around looking at the sky, but the children got to speak to some interesting people like the town cryer, a lady from a radio station (what's that tall pole sticking out the top of your van? - little Z) and a man with a lovely... erm... dog, yes, he did indeed have a lovely dog! I have not included photos and video of the Spitfire event as Little Z has blogged about it herself and has included the video and photos we took. Go and take look.

Today was Big J's Karate grading day. He has worked very hard to learn his kata, after learning it over half term, getting it slightly wrong and having then to un-learn the one he knew and learn it the right way. Having only found out on Wednesday that the kata he had learned was not quite right, he only had 3 days to correct it before grading. But he did it! He is now what Sama Karate call a 2nd Orange Belt, which is an orange belt with a white stripe. I'm very proud of him.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Leaps tall buildings with a single stride...faster than a speeding bullet... is it a bird?.... is it a plane? no it's super J.

Unknown said...

Now I know what a bassoon looks like!

Super dynamic stuff......also on tall buildings. Nice one little Z.

Unknown said...

Little Z and J...I simply have to know if your teachers are up to the challenge of tall buildings and single strides...Especially at 0900.

Have you both asked them yet? ;o))

Karate Jim said...

We do now have an answer to this question. Please see the new post written especially for you and at great cost to my reputation ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you for your response. It is appreciated the care and consideration which has been given to this exciting and most relevant subject.

This could be an essay subject....

Should your teacher be able to leap.....and have the power of a locomotive ......discuss

Perhaps little Z and J should make their approach?