Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Surprisingly disappointing

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I read this book after just finishing Shadowfever by KMM, who is admittedly a hard act to follow, but I'm afraid 'This Side of the Grave' was my least favourite book of the series so far.

I just didn't find it very exciting. The plot was okay, but there were no major surprises and I'm unsure I would have kept reading if I hadn't already read and enjoyed the others in the series. At times I felt like I had missed a few pages, as it skipped to a new scene leaving out too much detail in between, making the plot confusing in places.

There was some character development, but not a great deal and the new characters which were introduced were nothing special.

The big fight scene at the end was the first time while reading this book that I was really engaged by the story and didn't want to put it down.

Despite my disappointment, I look forward to the next book, which, judging by the taster in the back of this book, promises to be more interesting than this one.






View all my reviews

No comments: