Monday, August 18, 2014

Welcome Distraction



This morning I woke up feeling like getting some things done. First of all, after not running at all for a week, for no other reason that I was tired from all the decorating and so was simply too tired, I decided I needed to get back into a routine with it, as I still have a dress hanging on the outside of my wardrobe door which I cannot fit into.

I did a 30 minute 9.3k run on the Wii Fit+, which I was pleased with, although was amused that it didn't even make it onto the leader board. It's funny how a year ago, I struggled to run 4.5k in 30 mins and now have to more than double it to even get onto the bottom of the leader board!

Feeling energised following my run, I decided to do some karate. My karate kata is much harder than my previous ones and requires more practice, as I don't just want to go through the moves, but like to pay attention to the small details like the position of my feet and hands and want all my moves to be as strong as I can make them as well as being accurate. Yes, I am more than a little obsessive, but that is what I am hoping will get me to my black belt. (eventually!)

After an hour of karate, during which time Big J had got tired of repeatedly watching my kata and giving his opinion on what I needed to improve (I had asked him to, as he is 6 belts above me!), I decided I should really get on with a few important housekeeping jobs.

I have not started those yet, but they are my priority for this afternoon.... unless, of course, I can find something (anything!) else to keep me from them.

Have a productive day, everyone :)

No comments: