Friday, October 12, 2007

How to Get a Primary NQT Teaching Job

I cannot believe how hard it has been to get a teaching job. I know some people have not found it so hard, but I also know some people who were happy to apply for and accept any teaching job in any school and some of those people ended up very unhappy and soon moved on to another school or left teaching altogether. What I am talking about, is how hard it has been to find the right teaching job in the right school. Too fussy? probably. Happy? Yes! I am now.

But this got me thinking how it would be nice (good descriptive word!) to put something together which might help some of the Primary NQTs still out there searching for the right job.

I have put this together and put a link in "Teachers Cupboard" on the right. I am not pretending to have more experience than others, but just wanted to share what I have learnt on my journey. I hope you find it helpful.

No comments: