Monday, October 20, 2008

2nd Chance?




Interview last week at one of the lovely schools I mentioned did not go well. The lesson I planned was really good, but I did not deliver it well. I did not prepare enough for my interview and it was a tough interview with some difficult questions. I am using the excuse that I had not been well for a few days prior to the interview and so was not feeling 100% on the day. Doesn't make any difference though. they are not going to give me a job because they feel sorry for me. I do have another applicatioon to send off this week to a school I have had an interview at before. It is across the other side of the city so would take about 30 mins to get to in the mornings, but I have to take what is on offer. It is a nice school with a good ethos and having interviewed there before, I know what sort of things they are going to be asking should they invite me for an interview. In the meantime, supply is going okay. I enjoy being called by schools direct as apart from getting paid more, I get satisfaction out of knowing the like me / like my teaching and are asking me back.

No comments: