Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kindle Ueberraschung!

Last year, I treated myself to the much talked about Amazon Kindle 3G+WiFi.

I won't ramble on about what it can do, I'll leave you to look at it yourself...


But I will say that I have hardly put it down since I bought it and that, despite costing £150+ it has been worth every penny. It's not for everyone and if I didn't read so much, I would not be able to justify splashing out so much on what is, for all intents and purposes, a gadget. But I do and I did!

I love the fact that I can finish a book and download the next one without having to go back to the PC. This does obviously have its own financial implications (see my earlier post) and although it is so easy to finish one mid-series book and go straight on to the next one, I have had to set myself some rules about how many books I can download per month.

In January, as my financial situation looked increasingly bleak, I set myself a new challenge (and registered it with Goodreads to help me stick to it)...

My challenge is to not buy ANY books this year! Here is how I plan to do it...

1. Read books already on my shelf (including my e-bookshelf) that I have not read.
2. Re-read books.
3. Borrow from the library.
4. Borrow books from friends.
5. Download some of the 'FREE' books for kindle.
6. Hope I get the 3 books I desperately want to read this year for my birthday.

See how I'm doing here.


So, if anyone can help, by recommending a FREE Kindle download or by lending me a book, I would be very grateful.

I think my Kindle will be getting a much needed rest, though, while I reacquaint myself with 'normal' books again!

No comments: