Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shadowfever


After reading these books, you will never think of Fairies as little pink winged creatures again!

Having read all of the books in the Fever series so far, it was tough not to go straight to Amazon to download Shadowfever to my Kindle as soon as it was published. Not being allowed to buy myself any books this year, I was excited to get some desperately requested Amazon vouchers for my birthday in May. Shadowfever was the first one I bought, but as I was half way through The Witching Hour, I decided to finish that before starting it, then, for some mad reason I cannot explain, I still didn't start reading it straight away. I wish I had. Once I did, I remembered just how brilliant the rest of the series had been. Definitely a series to read again. Shadowfever, which I think is probably the last in this series (although almost certainly not the last book of the fever world), was just as fantastic as the rest.

The following review contains spoilers. Don't read it before you have read the book(s). Do read the books. They are amazing!

Shadowfever (Fever, #5)Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

I loved this book. It was definitely worth the wait, but I wish I hadn't had to wait so long for it. I fell straight back into it, thanks to amazing writing by KMM.



I was impressed by the way she reminded the reader of important events and details from the previous books in the series without it being boring for those who have recently read them. I was hoping that after such a fantastic series, she was not going to end it with a 'happy ever after' and I was not disappointed. I loved the ending. I guess we always knew Mac would get it on with Barrons eventually, but the sexual tension was somehow more exciting than the hot action, although I am definitely not saying she should have left that out.


There are so many twists in this story, it's believeable, but not predictable and keeps the reader gasping in surprise and turning page after page to find out what happens next. I hated putting this book down when sleep finally got the better of me.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kindle Review said...

check out for more astounding capabilities of Kindle at www.kindlelightreview.com