Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bubbles


I have just spent the last 20 minutes blowing bubbles and found it so relaxing that I just had to tell everyone (not that everyone (or indeed anyone!?) reads my blog) about it. I bought the kids these "Ice Cream" bubbles from Tesco a couple of weeks ago and they are the best bubbles I have ever seen. They are colourful, they don't keep popping before you get a chance to blow a bubble and you can blow loads and loads of bubbles all at once, even though they only come with a normal little bubble wand. They are also scented, so if you buy the pot which looks like a chocolate ice cream, the bubbles smell of chocolate. (They don't taste of chocolate though, which little Z found out to her cost.)Cool hey?!

"What is she doing standing around blowing bubbles when she should be looking for a job?" I hear you ask. Good question, to which I do not have a sensible answer other than the fact that bubble blowing is addictive and although I had not intended spending 20 minutes having a competition with PP (yes, he was doing it too!) to see who could blow the biggest bubble or to see if we could blow so many that we could not see each other, it is a bit like having a bag of Haribo and saying "that is the last one now, I will save the rest for later." It is not as easy as it sounds.

On the job front, I am going to visit a school tomorrow in a nice area on the suburbs of the city and am visiting another on Friday. I am getting really tired of people asking if I have a job yet, so I need to get one very soon just to shut them all up (Apart from that, we could actually do with the money!) I know people are just concerned, but it reminds me of having a baby when people just keep phoning you up to see if you have had it yet.

Well, got to prepare for that visit tomorrow to make sure I ask all the right questions. Bye for now...

2 comments:

Cherrypie said...

Tell them you are the Head Technician on a Bubble-Measuring Project. Sounds much more interesting than teaching

delcatto said...

Blowing bubbles sounds like a sensible way to pass the day. If only George W. had discovered bubbles instead of bombs.
I'll look out for the scented bubbles...No.1 son is a coool teenager until bubbles are produced and the dog loves them as well.