Saturday, March 29, 2008

Amazing discovery!


Although I have been in my classroom almost a term, I still find things I have never seen before. At half term I rearranged my classroom furniture and found lots of things I never knew we had. I sometimes open a drawer when looking for something and find not the thing I am looking for but something new and interesting. A few weeks ago I walked along the corridor and noticed all the other classrooms had a notice board outside. In my usual grown up way, I thought to myself, hey! Why haven't I got one of those? (now I see why little Z does it so often!) Then I took a look and saw that actually I did have one, but had never noticed! It's great!

But, the best find happened on Thursday evening as I was looking for last years "not SATs" teacher assessment papers. I found a box which I thought they were in, I opened it and I found...

LEGO

I was very excited. It had been there all the time collecting dust. I thought the children would love it and actually it was indeed the most popular activity of the morning (we usually have games out on Friday morning for a morning activity).


It made me think about the huge box of Lego I had as a child. The box was as big as me and I remember struggling to bring it downstairs to play with. Four years ago, I asked my mum to bring it with her when she came to see us so Little Z (no Big J yet!) could play with it. Mum arrived with a box. I asked her where the big box was. That apparently was it. I remembered it being huge, much bigger than this medium sized box of lego she was carrying. Little Z and Big J think it is a big box of lego. They enjoy rummaging through the box for a piece of the right size, shape and colour for what they are building. I still enjoy doing that too. I don't think we ever grow out of Lego.

No comments: