Friday, October 21, 2011

The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book and fear one of my usual 'thrown together' reviews will not do it justice, so I'll be short (if that is possible for me), sweet (erm...) and to the point (?). Let's see...

I was so surprised by some of the low ratings this book has received. I guess it's not for everyone. It is definitely for me. Since the moment I read the blurb, I wanted to read this book. I eagerly awaited its publication and was excited to be the first to read the library copy (not being able to afford it myself). From the moment I opened it, I wanted to keep reading and not put it down until I'd finished (and even then, not put it down as the book is so beautiful, with its black edged pages and creatively designed sleeve covering the red edged hardcover underneath.

The Night Circus was everything I hoped it would be and more. It is beautifully written and engaging to the end. My only disappointment? I want to go to the Night Circus, but it never comes here :(

I will definitely read this book again and look forward to more from this author. 

Have a look at Erin Morgenstern's Flax Golden Tales too. They give you a taste of the wonderfully descriptive writing you can expect in the book. 

View all my reviews

No comments: