Thursday, January 02, 2014

Common People

These are the last few days of the holidays before school and work start for the children and me. After all the excitement of Christmas and new year, it would not be unreasonable to spend the next few days just sitting around the house eating what's left of the Christmas food and watching rubbish on TV.

I want to make the most of these last few days, so today we decided to go out for a walk on Southampton Common. As we parked the car, Big J commented on the dark clouds suggesting that it may start to rain soon. A friend recently said to me, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." I agree entirely, and therefore we were not put off going for our walk (despite the fact that my thin hooded sweater almost certainly falls into the 'bad clothing' category in terms of keeping me dry!)



What a lovely walk it was. We did get caught in one short rain shower, but, for the most part, it stayed dry, although it was quite muddy under foot.

Now I am hoping for it to stay dry for tomorrow's walk...

No comments: