Friday, January 03, 2014

Holly Hill Woodland Park

We made it. After reading the weather forecast last night, I really was not sure we were going to be able to go walking at Holly Hill Woodland Park today, but although this morning the BBC was still predicting wet weather all day, the rain had stopped by just after 9am and the sun was beginning to shine. So, off we went.

All winter I have been moving the bag with my wellies in from one place to another. Today, when I really could have done with knowing where they were, do you think I could find them? Then I had the added frustration that Big J left it until 10 minutes before we were leaving to tell me there was no point taking his wellies, because they don't fit him any more! Perfect timing!

So, off we went; me in my old trainers and Big J... hmmm what did Big J decide to put on, I wonder...

Anyway. A good day was had by all. Not entirely dry; we had a very short rain shower and a hail shower, but the weather was definitely good enough to be out. It was very muddy, but that just made it more fun. Kids (and adults) should be allowed to play in the mud from time to time, don't you think?

Here's the obligatory slide show. Music? What else, but Stone Cold Sober by Paloma Faith.



Oh yes... and what DID Big J put on his feet? School shoes! Note to self: Check what he chooses as an alternative to wellies next time.

2 comments:

Seany said...

Looks like fun to me!

Andi said...

Yeah, was a fab day out to end the xmas hols. Some of us had wet feet and trousers, but we did have a lot of fun. Great to get Big J and MF together finally, as he's been asking since the beginning of the hols. xxx