Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Books, books & more books

Having got no closer to getting the house tidy, (although the floor is pretty clear in case Big J is too engrossed in playing to notice that it's potty time) I did the sensible thing today and went out and bought lots of books. We are not short of books in our house, in fact that is a gross understatement, we already have more books than anyone could read in a lifetime. But despite having 2 large bookcases full, and the children each having a shelf full in their bedrooms, I continue to buy books with the hope that I will find somewhere to put them. Books are great though, aren't they? I think it is good for the children to grow up with a love of books and to have plenty of books at their disposal. My children love books. My youngest likes to see how many pages he can pull out before my 6 year old notices and shouts "MUM!" but at least that solves the problem of where to put that one!

6 comments:

Seany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seany said...

Does the little fella share his sister's enthusiasm for bedtime stories?

I still chuckle to myself when I remember how high she used to pitch her opening bid "Seany, please will you read me three, no four, no five,no six stories"

Thanks heavens for Mr Men books!

Cherrypie said...

And here's him pretending he doesn't read. All it takes is a cuddle from his favourite niece and nephew and he's reciting Mr. Tickle with the best of us.

Good luck with your blog, LLS ( what can we call you? Sis is no good, at least not for anyone except Seany. Luvly? Bit too West Country.

Nice choice of template, btw x

Karate Jim said...

Well, what would I do without my big bruv and all his mates? I thought I was popular until I read his blog and realised he'd told everyone to visit!! Thank you everyone for your friendly & amusing comments. I'm not sure what I should be called really. Maybe I will change my "Name" in the next few days to make it more user friendly for non-Seanies.

delcatto said...

You can never have enough books, unless it's 'Mills and Boon' books.Sadly, my son has moved books into the category of 'school' which means he avoids reading. As a little'un he loved books...music, girls and 'lookin' cool' have taken over.
Me...I've missed my vocation as a librarian. At the age of two I should imagine books are also good to chew on as well as the unusual methods of editing your son has discovered.
Also, good luck with the blog...where are my manners!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! this blog is very interesting and has information most important we invite you to visit our blog
happy wheels | friv4school | happy wheels