Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Summer Holidays

Six weeks seems like such a long time, doesn't it. Having said that, I can't believe we are in the middle of August and it's not long before the kids go back to school. And if you're a teacher, you go back to school too. It's like Bagpuss and the Mice on the Mouse Organ.

I had so many plans for these holidays. I have lots of reading to do, I want to teach little Z (my daughter ) who is 6 to ride her bike and to tie her shoelaces. We have started both, but are not getting very far. I also promised to take her swimming, which just hasn't happened. I have started to potty/toilet train big J (my two-year-old son) who finds it very funny to wee on the floor and then paddle in it (boys are just not like girls!).

I would like to be able to tidy the house and have it all organised for when I start teaching in September, but as quickly as I tidy, the children are busy untidying behind me twice as fast. I'm sure I will look back on these days and long to have them back when the kids are all grown up and living away with their own children, but right now I would do anything for a tidy house.

5 comments:

delcatto said...

It's a little known clause in the chaos theory...
'Children are untidiness magnets, they have a vortex of chaos surrounding them. Two or more of them together create greater chaos'. Prof.Heinz Beanz posits the theory that if enough children are gathered together there is an inverse effect and the room is suddenly tidier. The last attempted experiment involved 700 children and the scientist is still on medication.

Cherrypie said...

I am aware of that study too, Dr Del.

The only possible antidote is to develop a blogging habit. You will no longer have the time or inclination to care about the housework. You may occasionally want to post pictures of your home/children/dog on your blog for which I would recommend you utilise the services of those nice people over at Google Images to supply stand-ins.

Seany said...

Cherrypie's photo tip is a good one - take a look how the recent rain has settled in the back garden

Cherrypie said...

Seany, you can't get away with that one. We all know you live on the Bull Fort just off Humberstone Fitties really.

Karate Jim said...

I'd forgotten all about the Fitties. We used to go down there and laugh at people who couldn't afford proper holidays. Karma has had it's revenge. This year we are going on a £9.50 Sun Newspaper holiday!