Thursday, April 12, 2007

♪ ♫ Food, Glorious Food ♫ ♪ ♫


I started my diet (again!) today. I subscribed to WeightWatchers last September and it worked really well for a couple of months. Eventually, though, I lost my will power and gradually have put on most of the weight I lost in those first few months. After visiting my friend K on Tuesday, and seeing how much weight she had lost on WeightWatchers, I decided to try to get back on track. After all, I am still paying my monthly subscription charge for the online service, but just not using it.

It is not easy when the children still have Easter eggs piled up in the kitchen, but I have done my best to hide them from sight and have asked them not to eat them in front of me.

I usually leave the shopping to PP. Most of my friends would not dream of letting their husbands do the shopping (neither would most of the husbands want to) but PP is actually very good at the shopping and at planning the meals for the week. However, I decided I needed to take control today and did the shopping myself. I spent about £25 more than he would have done (I generally do!) but feel that I have planned some healthy and tasty meals for the week.

It is hard to plan meals that we will all eat. Little Z and Big J both left most of the chicken salad I made tonight. I am not willing to cook 3 different meals every evening like my mum did when I was a faddy little 7 year old (as opposed to a faddy 32 year old!) but I don't want the children to leave all the food I put on their plate. I think the days are gone when you can threaten a child with "if you don't eat it, you'll have it for breakfast!" but I am going to have to find meals which the children like and which are healthy too. I have a feeling I am going to be up late with the cookery books!

No comments: