Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Friends Reunited



Today was the last day of the holidays for Big J. He goes back to day nursery tomorrow after 6 days off (including the weekend). So, with a great sigh of relief, I can now put the prozac back into the cupboard until the next time I have him at home for more than 2 days!

Bless him, I am actually doing him an injustice. Although he is very lively which makes him difficult to keep occupied on rainy days he is well behaved when I take him anywhere and is very good at getting on with other children.

On Friday I got back in touch with a friend I have not seen for almost two years. Her eldest daughter is the same age as Little Z and her son is the same age as Big J (we met when we were expecting the boys)and she also has another daughter in between. As a teacher, I have the unusual trait of disliking other people's children! Well, I don't actually dislike them, I just don't like them in my house!These are about the only children I will allow to come to my house as they are well behaved and their mum makes sure they treat my house with respect.

We arranged to meet up today at their house and were all quite excited. Little Z and Little N had been best friends at pre-school until they both went to different infant schools and they moved house. We all had busy lives and although we didn't mean to lose contact we just did.

I am so glad we got back in touch again. We had a lovely day today and although K and I spent hours (in between sorting out various squabbles) chatting, I feel like we still have loads of catching up to do. The boys played together really well. The last time they saw each other they were only about a year old and didn't really acknowledge each other. Little Z and Little N loved seeing each other again and now Little F (this is going to get confusing!) is older she was able to join in with the older girls too.

It was so nice to see them again and this time we will definitely try harder to stay in touch.

No comments: