Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

This morning began, as it does every Easter Sunday, with a mad rush to tidy up so that the children could do their Easter egg hunt in the living room. It did not occur to me until afterwards that it would have been much easier to do the egg hunt outside. After sorting out the squabbles over Big J picking up any eggs and not just the ones with the blue stickers on (Little Z's had a red sticker on so they would know whose were whose) they found all their eggs. We had to encourage Big J to keep looking, as once he had found an egg he wanted to eat it straight away. The baskets were hand made by myself a couple of weeks ago. I thought basket weaving looked easy and decided to give it a go using strips of coloured card. Apparently it is not as easy as it looks. I have since been told it is a therapy used for people admitted to mental institutions. Well, I got that right then!

We looked at all the gifts we had been given for Easter and it was obscene.



Apart from two eggs for PP and I, all the eggs on the left are Little Z's and all those on the right are Big J's. Who got the most this Easter? Cadbury's, I reckon! Apart from all the chocolate there was one really cool toy I just have to tell you about which came with a "Milky Bar Egg". It's a Milky Bar Kid Mr. Potato Head. It officially belongs to Big J, but I think I will have hours of fun with it!



Before anyone asks, the "true" meaning of Easter has not been forgotten by Little Z, who has spent much of the last week asking about how Jesus got out of the cave and how someone can come back to life after they have died. If you have a good explanation for this I would be very pleased to hear it. I am afraid her questions remain unanswered.

Have a great Easter everyone. Eat chocolate and be merry.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

wow, i forgot about easter! spent most of today in a bit of a daze after the WSS after show party!!

however, i do have one chocolate bunny from a kiddiwink in my class.... not really feeling hungry now, though, after a bottle of wine last night!

xx

Karate Jim said...

I can't imagine forgetting about Easter. I must be addicted to chocolate. Glad you enjoyed partying with all your new showbiz friends. Sorry I didn't get to see the show. I'm sure you were great :o)