Saturday, June 23, 2007

Le Meme Chose (The 'Meme' thing!)...

I sat down to look at my blog this morning after a busy week of supply teaching, personal statement writing, application completing, interview question prep, interview lesson planning, interview, dealing with little Z's nose bleeds (not, I hasten to add, caused by Big J) and a few mundane things. It's not unusual to have no comments on my blog, so It was nice to find that my reliable Big Bruv and my 'neglected by me but not forgotten' blog friend, Kerenza, had both left comments without me realising as I have not had chance to check my emails either this week!

I thought it was about time I visited Kerenza's blog and while looking through her recent posts found she had created herself a "Meme". Having no idea what this was, I decided to do a bit of finding out. On my search I found the daily meme which, if you also do not know what I am talking about (please, someone say you have never heard of it), gives a clear explanation of what a meme is. So, I thought I would have a go myself at Kerenza's Meme. It was harder than I thought, but here goes...



1. Dr Who - usually catch the repeats as well.

2. Torchwood - watching back episodes. Can't wait for new series.

3. Hotel Babylon - same as above.

4. Grey's Anatomy - Haven't seen this recently, but really would like to make time for it.

5. Teacher's TV Primary Zone- lets you into other peoples classroom to see how they teach. I love seeing expert teachers doing things I do - it makes me feel really good about my teaching.

6. Extras - Back episodes again (the wonders of technology!)Ricky Gervais really makes me laugh in a "How does he get away with it" sort of way.





1. How to talk so Kids will Listen, and Listen so kids will talk by Faber & Mazlish. (predictably my no.1)

2. The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler. Not a week goes by when I don't share this with children in the classroom or read it at home with my own children.

3. Belonging by Jeannie Baker. She has done a range of lovely picture books for older readers. Really good for class discussions on a range of environmental issues. Really worth a look.

4. Pete My Story by Pete Bennett. Somehow I expected this book to be better than it is. Interesting reading about his childhood though.

5. How to Create and Develop a Thinking Classroom by Mike Fleetham

6. Waiting patiently for the new Harry Potter to be released. I shall confine myself to the cupboard under the stairs then read & read until I have finished!




1. Julie Andrews

2. Emma Thompson

3. Catherine Zeta-Jones

4. Gwyneth Paltrow

5. Juliet Stevenson

6. Catherine Tate - Foul mouthed and not at all glamorous, but she makes me laugh out loud and I need that sometimes.



1. David Tenant

2. Alan Rickman (yes, I know how old he is, buut he has the certain something)

3. Orlando Bloom

4. Johnny Depp (sexier as he gets older)

5. Colin Firth

6. Val Kilmer (Forever!)





1. Love Actually

2. Nanny McPhee

3. All the Harry Potter Films

4. Truly Madly Deeply

5. Sliding Doors

6. All the Aardman Animations Films - Wallace & Gromit, Chicken Run etc.




1. Talk to my husband!

2. Go Canoeing

3. Learn to play the Guitar (I started, but didn't get far)

4. Learn Polish (Am learning slowly, but would like to have more time to do it)

5. Go to the gym (finances allowing)

6. Tidy the house (of course it's at the bottom - it's less fun than the others)




1. Peanut KitKat Chunky

2. Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons

3. Millionnaire's Caramel Slice

4. Thorntons champagne Truffles

5. Nesquik Chocolate Milkshake (Makes lovely smooth hot choc too!)

6. Thornton's Cranberry, Orange & nuts chocolate bar.

2 comments:

Kezzie said...

Mmmm, an interesting collection! I like! I might have to look at some of those books, esp. no.1!

Yes, I think perhaps that David Tennant is a very good number one!

Karate Jim said...

I can also recommend "How to talk so kids can learn" by the same authors.

I think I'd like them to write on called "How to talk so you can get a job!"

I had fun doing the meme. Hope someone else has a go.