Monday, June 11, 2007

No. I still haven't. Don't even ask!

I recently had another interview back at the school who told me I could teach but couldn't talk about it. I really thought I had it this time, but although he said my interview was a lot better, I they said I was still not articulating the wider aspects of the teaching job. He did say, however, that they had not appointed anyone and told me to "watch this space!" Is he seriously expecting me top apply for a 3rd time? It took courage to phone them up to apply a 2nd time. No, I think I have to accept, I will not be working in that school. Not yet, anyway!

Two days after that interview I received a call from another school inviting me for an interview on the first day back after half term. AGAIN, I came very close to getting it and he couldn't really give me a real reason why I hadn't got it, except that they had to choose someone and they felt the other candidate had shown off her skills more.

It is really sole-destroying. I keep being told, these things happen for a reason, but that never helped in the past and it isn't helping now. Knowing that my perfect job is "just around the corner" is not very reassuring and it doesn't pay the bills.

On the positive side, I have to consider that I have now been observed by several different headteachers who have all said my lessons were very good. That has boosted my confidence and has given me the encouragement to keep applying for jobs.

The hunt continues...

No comments: