Monday, June 25, 2007

What to do in an emergency...


Every now and then, one of my children does something which makes me so proud I want to cry. That has nothing to do with what I am about to recount, but is worth knowing...

Before getting his PJs on for bed, Big J always goes on the potty. He wears a nappy at night time still (not unusual for a child of his age) but still tries on the potty or toilet as it gets him into good habits for when he does finally sleep without a nappy.

After sitting on the potty for about 10 minutes reading his "My First Thousand Words" book, he stood up to announce he had done a snake! He always subjects to close scrutiny what he has created and assimilates it to something like a train or snake or mountain depending on the shape. Because he pays such close attention to it, imagine his horror (and mine) when he saw that, having stood up without everything having, shall we say, detached itself, part of his "creation" had fallen to the floor and landed on his road play rug (incidentally a birthday present from Uncle Seanie). "It's on the road", he exclaimed. Then, seeing that it was a serious situation which needed urgent attention, he reached for his toy fire engine and started to "drive" it towards the obstruction in the road. Luckily, we were able to intercept the fire engine, before it reached its intended destination. Phew!

4 comments:

Seany said...

Well its certainly a change from "thanks - it's just what I've always wanted"

:)

Cherrypie said...

Ha ha ha! Loving the new template. Did you do it all by yourself? I'm v v impressed x

Karate Jim said...

Thanks CP. This is one of the "ready" templates and I have just customised it myself. I am really happy with it, although I'm sure that won't stop me changing it again! Haven't had any help, but it wasn't that difficult, or else I probably would have done!

Sarah said...

hehehe, that had me laughing out loud!!! i love Big J! x