Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Most Annoying "Most Annoying" TV Programme



Last night PP and I had put the children to bed and, after putting away the last of the toys and doing a few chores, sat down to watch some TV. There was nothing on which really caught our attention so we ended up watching "The Top 100 Most Annoying Popsongs" on BBC 3. According to the dregs (except a few) of the entertainment business, the majority of whom I have never heard of (nor wish to), I have a CD collection and a taste in music to be embarrassed of. Among the songs on their list were:

- "Yellow" by Coldplay
- "What's Going On?" by Four Non-Blondes
- "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler
- "Orinoco Flow" by Enya
- "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain
- "Cornflake Girl" - by Tori Amos
- "I Don't Like Mondays" - by the Boomtown Rats

I actually like all of the above songs and am sure I am not on my own when I say I don't think they deserve to be on a list of most annoying pop songs. But, to top it off, they had the cheek to include "Every Breath You Take" by the Police (as if I needed to say).

How dare they? What gives these people the right to criticise the work of others when they themselves are not famous for much more than attempting fame at some time or for going on Big Brother (probably their last ditch attempt at fame!)

I turned off when they got to number 79 as I could not bare it any longer. The one consolation was that after pulling to pieces each of the songs, the narrator went on to say that despite this record, the artist actually went on to make millions. Funny that! Maybe that's because they knew what they were doing!

No comments: