Sunday, March 25, 2007

Like a Duck to Water!

Since early this morning, Little Z and Big J (encouraged by Little Z) have been asking to play with water. We had a few bits of shopping to do, so I said that when we got home and had had some lunch I would fill a big tub with water and they could play in the garden together with some of the bath toys and plastic containers etc.

We arrived home from shopping to feel the first few spots of rain. The rain did not stop and so after lunch I thought we would find something different to do. The children, however, wanted to play with water. So, against my much better judgement I filled a smaller tub with water and put it in the conservatory on a waterproof mat (getting flashbacks to apple bobbing in November!).

They were very excited and put on their plastic aprons. We talked about not getting water everywhere and they both agreed to be careful. I sent Little Z upstairs to get some toys (not squrty ones) from the bathroom. Big J in the meantime got his hands in the water and started enjoying the bubbles. He then came into the kitchen with the apron asking me to help him put it on and do the back up. I was pleased he was taking care not to get too wet.A few moments later, PP said, "Oh no. Look. He's standing in it. The bottoms of his trousers are all wet." As I looked into the conservatory, he had just sat down in the tub. Okay. This was not one of my best ideas, but then, no harm has been done. Big J will dry, as will his clothes and parts of the conservatory carpet (I hope!). The funniest thing is that he sat in the tub fully clothed (including apron!) and playing with his bath toys as if it was quite normal.



Maybe we'll have a longer chat before we play with water again!

No comments: