Saturday, March 31, 2007

Mrs Grass Head

I am the first to admit I am no good at gardening or looking after indoor plants. I have no idea how to look after plants. I have offended my mother-in-law on more than one occasion by accidentally (through sheer neglect) bringing about the death of every plant she has ever bought me. Needless to say, she does not buy plants for me now. I have even asked Big J to help, but as you can see, he has more disrespect for plants than I do!
The only plant (okay, I know it's not classed as a 'plant') I have managed to keep alive is a cactus, and quite frankly, you would have to be completely stupid to let one of those die. I used to have lots of them. Mmm... not sure exactly what happened to them. (No further questions. Thank you!)

On mother's day (No, I'm not starting all that again) Big J bought me a "Mrs Grass Head". You know the ones. They have a little mesh bag with seeds at the top, then filled with soil and tied off at the bottom. This one also has nobbly bits tied off at the sides and front to look like ears and a nose. It has a bit of string dangling from the bottom so that when you sit it into the little terracotta pot, the water soaks up the string to the grass head and makes the grass seed grow so it looks like hair. Yes, it would have been much easier to just put a picture here to show you.

So, I set it up following the instructions on the box and put it in the corner of the conservatory out of the way of curious little people. That was about ten days ago. I suddenly remembered this morning that it was there and thought it would probably have died by now as I had forgotten to keep it topped up with water. Oops!

When I went to find it, I was amazed to find that she was in desperate need of a hair cut. Here she is! Isn't she great.



I am now deciding what style to cut the hair into. Any suggestions?

If you would like to make your own grass seed man, please click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make a mohawk XD