Saturday, March 10, 2007

That's rich...




Having just about recovered from the shock of having to do some planning this week, I arrived home fairly early on Friday after collecting Big J from nursery. What a relief to be able to relax and unwind after a working week.

"Before you start to enjoy your weekend, we've had a letter" Said PP pointing to the table.


NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION
In accordance with Section 1 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act, 1988, I give you notice that it is intended to take proceedings against the driver of motor vehicle MG01 AHL (the completely made-up private number plate I will never afford but would happily accept as a generous birthday gift, should any rich members of my family be reading!)


Anyway, the long and the short of it is that, as they say in Southampton "they done me for speedin' ". I was caught by a camera last Saturday on the way to swimming, apparently doing 37 on a dual carriageway through town, which is actually a 30 limit.

I was surprised at my own reaction, as was PP. I could rant and rave and get myself all stressed out, achieving nothing but upsetting the whole family and making myself feel bitter. Yes, I like my new (to me) car and I like the sound it makes when I put my foot down and no, I do not consider myself irresposible doing 37MpH on a dual carriageway with my kids in the car. Yes I wish I had seen the camera, and more to the point, I wish the camera was not there or at least not working, but I didn't and it was. So, it seems I have worked part of this week for nothing (nothing new there, I already pay council tax and income tax) and will have a few points on my licence.

Thank you, Mr J R Baldwin of the Hampshire Constabulary, for making me see the error of my ways.

No comments: