Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Bad Day continued...


I thought the day had been fairly bad so far, having spent most of it sorting out the PayPal transaction I had not made and getting the bank to do some giving rather than their usual taking! I can't say it got worse, but it didn't get better.

Little Z had had a dressing up day at school. They were having a garden party and had been asked to dress up as "anything to do with the garden". Little Z had gone as a garden gnome. She was very happy as we collected her from school and was excited as her best friend, Little M, was coming to play at our house and stay for tea. They had fun playing dressing-up and painting mugs and after dinner the girls and Big J went out into the garden to play on the swing, slide and trampoline. As we have bark down instead of grass in the garden, it didn't matter that the weather had been wet, because they weren't going to get muddy.

What I didn't know is that we'd had a recent visit (probably several) to our garden by a fox or a cat (probably both) leaving deposits of something which could not be seen because it was all the same colour as the bark. So, in addition to having it stuck to the bottom of my shoes and the children's shoes, the children had managed to get it on their clothes (including little Z's white dressing gown!) as they slid down the slide onto the bark and had also brought it all through the ground floor of the house, across the road play rug (sorry Seany, again!) into the hallway, up the stairs, across the landing and into the bathroom! Lovely. The smell was disgusting and it took all evening to clean it up. The most difficult thing was not so much the cleaning as stopping the children walking through it and spreading it further! Again, I suppose I can consider myself lucky that we don't have carpets in any of those places. Lucky me!

1 comment:

Seany said...

Oh well, shit happens I guess...